Excess Unit Request
Please note that Excess unit requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis after the 18 unit limit has been lifted. This will be when WebReg reopens after the fee deadline.
Please check the Registrar Calendar for the fee deadline dates:
This policy will apply to all Engineering Students.
COVID-19 SPRING QUARTER 2020 - PASS/NO PASS INFORMATION:
The Academic Senate at UCI, which governs academic regulations at UC Irvine, has authorized adjustments to existing undergraduate regulations on Pass/No Pass grades (P/NP) for the Spring 2020 quarter only as follows:
- All undergraduate courses will offer P/NP grading as an option. It is the student's choice as to whether they wish to take the course for letter grade or P/NP.
- Academic deans and departments are encouraged, but not required, to allow courses taken P/NP to fulfill school and major requirements.
- Students will be able to change their grade options, both letter grade to P/NP and P/NP to letter grade through the end of the 10th week (before 5PM)
- Courses taken P/NP will not count toward the 12-unit overall graduation cap on these courses.
- Students on academic probation may enroll in courses with the P/NP option in the Spring 2020 term.
- Courses to complete General Education Category I: Writing must be completed with a grade of "C" or better ("P" for pass, if taking it for P/NP)
PLEASE NOTE: For SPRING QUARTER 2020 ONLY, the Henry Samueli School of Engineering will allow "P" for PASS to count towards Change of Major Requirements, School, and Major Requirements. It is important when making the decision that you keep in mind the following:
- To receive a "P" for Pass and to get credit/units, you must earn a grade of "C" or better. However, if a course is taken for a letter grade, the minimum grade needed for credit would be at least a "D-." This is especially important to note for graduating students, who are trying to fulfill their last requirements to graduate.
- Writing courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better ("P" for pass, if taking it for P/NP)
- If you are retaking a course that was originally for a LETTER GRADE, you must retake the course for a LETTER GRADE ONLY, no exceptions.
- It is recommended that you see how you are doing in the courses throughout the quarter. You have until Friday of Week 10 (before 5PM) to change the grade option of a course. (No grade option changes can be made after that time)
Undergraduate Student Affairs
Undergraduate Student Affairs Office
305 Rockwell Engineering Center
(#311 on the campus map)
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST, Monday – Friday.
Office closed noon - 1:00 p.m. for lunch
Voice: (949) 824-4334