Excess Unit Request
- Please note that Excess unit requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis after the 18 unit limit has been lifted. This will be when WebReg reopens after the fee deadline.
- Please check the Registrar Calendar for the fee deadline dates:
- This policy will apply to all Engineering Students
Dear Engineering Students,
We want to advise and support as many students as possible. In doing so our office has created new resources:
- ZotChat is intended for quick questions such as enrollment issues and DegreeWorks updates. A question that would not last longer than 10 minutes.
Zoom Virtual Walk-In Hours:
- At times listed on our calendar (http://undergraduate.eng.uci.edu/) we will have Academic Counselors/Peer Advisors available via Zoom walk-in hours. You will check-in here (https://forms.gle/hLLW3gFSPThwuEUF8). Please make sure you are logged into your UCI Google Account when signing in. When it is your turn you will receive an email from an Academic Counselor/Peer Advisor with a Zoom link. You will have five minutes to join once the email has been sent.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do ask students to NOT email multiple Academic Counselors. Academic Counselors will be receiving a high volume of emails due to having over 4,000 engineering students. Your email won't be answered any faster by emailing multiple counselors. Please be patient. We will try our best to respond to your email as soon as possible. We are answering emails in the order they are received. If something is urgent, please talk to us via ZotChat and/or Zoom virtual walk in hours.
- PLEASE DO NOT CALL OUR OFFICE PHONES! The entire office is working remotely, therefore you will not reach us via phone.
- How to schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor:
- Email - You can email email@example.com with several dates/times you are available. Appointments can be made Monday-Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm (PST) and 1:00pm-4:00pm (PST).
- NEW! Google Form - You can also complete our Google Form (https://forms.gle/hLLW3gFSPThwuEUF8) and select days/times you are available to meet with an Academic Counselor.
- If you are a first-year freshmen, you will not be able to schedule an appointment until you have attended First-Year Fall Advising. You will receive another email later with more information.
- If you are a first-year transfer, you can now schedule appointments.