Please make sure your adblocker is turned off so that you may use ZotChat!
Our Advisors are available to connect with YOU!
In an effort to continue our daily walk-ins -- in a new way -- we now offer online ZotChats to provide academic support to students as well as quick and easy access to Advisors and Peer Advisors. Our goal is to continue to support you with all your academic needs!
What is ZotChat?
An online live chat service available for students to ask general advising related questions.
Please note: ZotChat is intended for quick questions only. If you need an appointment with an Advisor you may request one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . For appointments, we are available via zoom audio, zoom chat or email.
What are some questions I can ask on ZotChat?
- Policies and Procedures
- Degree Requirements for Engineering Majors
- Change of Major Requirements for Engineering Majors
- Prerequisite Information/Prerequisite Clearance
- Enrollment Issues
- Excess Unit Request
- Course Offering Information
What are the questions that are best served during an appointment?
- Career Counseling
- Admissions Counseling
- Transcript Evaluation
- Graduation Checks
- Creating a Study Plan
- Academic Probation or Disqualification
What if I have a personal/mental health crisis and need assistance?
ZotChat is NOT available for Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling. UC Irvine students in need of these services should contact the UCI Counseling Center directly: http://www.counseling.uci.edu/
When are Advisors and/or Peer Advisors available via ZotChat?
**Advisors and Peer Advisors are not available on weekends or holidays.**
Confidentiality Agreement/User Agreement
By participating in chat the user agrees with the following terms:
- UCINetID is required to participate in chat.
- All responses to advisors/peer academic advisors are considered part of a student’s academic record.
- Your information will not be shared with any non-UCI entities.
- Any violation of University policies regarding inappropriate communication, sexual harassment, or violent language will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and/or the UCI Police Department.
- By using ZotChat you are confirming your identity associated with your UCINetID and you agree to the terms listed above. The School of Engineering is not responsible for uncertain identity.